Sunday, August 18, 2013

Prompt Five


Rachel Johnson

AP English 11

Mrs. Wilhelmus

August 15, 2013

                                                         New Thoughts

                        The novel Sophie’s World was a vast difference from other books I

 had  read in the past.  The way the author makes you think was outstanding and I

have never been in a situation where  I have had no idea what to think or have been

stumped on what side to pick. It was very interesting to learn how all of the

philosophers came about and their views on the world.

                        There was one philosopher in particular that I did not care for and

that was Aristotle. His views on women were very degrading and made women

seem like they were just object with no purpose instead of human beings. However,

I understand that during his time all women were viewed this way. It just surprises

me that a philosopher could not be more open to women and to get away from the

stereotypical  views around them. On the other hand there was one philosopher that

I could relate to was Plato. He  was more open minded to women and to be a

philosopher I feel like you need to be open to new ideas that even you might not be

comfortable with but then how can you expect other people to adopt you beliefs.

                        As to where I reside on the rabbit’s fur is a changing occurrence from

day to day. Some days I feel confident to where I think I can explore new ideas 

while some days I want to stay in my comfort zone.  I think I reside somewhere

towards the top because I try to get of my comfort zone just by trying new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment