Sunday, August 18, 2013

Prompt Four


Rachel Johnson

AP English 11

Mrs. Wilhelmus

August 15, 2013

                                                            Perception

                        In the “Kant” chapter it is based off the findings of the philosopher

Immanuel Kant.  In modern philosophy he thought that our world was viewed

differently by everybody. It was considered that every human sees a concept

in a new light based on their surroundings and this can even affect their

morals he suggested.

                        While in this chapter Sophie is given an experiment to be able to

learn what Kant was trying to accomplish in his thinking. Sophie had to put on

red-tinted glasses and look around a room. While looking around everything was

red but in different shades. While some areas were dark others were light but even

though the shades were different everything was red this shows that while the

everything is red there are some differences and based on how you perceive your

environment around you could differ from person to person.

                        This experiment can be portrayed into my own life because I perceive

things differently from other people.  Growing up with a twin I have always had to

share everything. For me even having to share my birthday as opposed to someone

who does not is different because they get a day that is all to themselves. People that

grew up an only child never know what it  is like wanting something to just be your 

own and that’s where personality plays a factor as well because my twin and I are

different and don’t have to share that. Luckily for me I had a brother and not a sister

and I always had somebody to play with when others did not.

No comments:

Post a Comment